Privacy and Security
Last updated: 2023
This Policy also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of our processing. The Policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including Customers, or through any third-party application or content (including advertising) that links to or is accessible from our Services or website.
Customer, Event Attendee, or Visitor?
This Policy applies to the following classification of individuals that interact with RainFocus:
- CUSTOMERS: Customers are individuals that are employees or associates of our direct enterprise customers -- for example, event sponsors -- including customer personnel that are assigned a login ID and are authorized to access and use our Services pursuant to an active services agreement. Additionally, Customers include individuals who self-register to access our Services.
- EVENT ATTENDEES: Event Attendees are individuals that interact with our Customers or our own events through our Services. These include our Customers’ and our current and prospective clients, members, attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and their employees, or other business contacts. For example, Event Attendees include individuals that register for an event organized by a Customer or by us, participate in an event (virtual, in-person, or hybrid) organized by a Customer or by us.
- VISITORS: Individuals and prospective customers who interact with our website (for instance, to read about RainFocus products and services, or sign up for an online demo), as well as those who attend RainFocus marketing events and whom we meet or learn about through a referral from third parties or other external sources.
For Customers and Event Attendees, click here
For Visitors, continue below.
How Does RainFocus Process Data From Visitors?
RainFocus processes Visitor data separately and distinctly from the way we process Customer and Event Attendee data. By visiting our website, attending RainFocus-sponsored events, or providing us with your personal information, Visitors consent to the collection, processing and storage of their personal information as described in this section.
Visitors' Personal Data Collected
RainFocus collects personal data including name, title, job position, employer, job industry, e-mail address, telephone number, advertising ID, IP address, computer information (device type, browser type, browser plug-ins, language, time zone), company information (including financial and billing information when purchasing RainFocus services), actions on our website (e.g., clicks, reference pages and search terms that led a Visitor to our website), online activity over time and across third-party websites and other online services, survey responses, chat messages, contest entries and promotional enquiries. We may collect this Visitor information through a form on our website, queries submitted to our chat agent, an interaction with our sales or customer support team, when signing up for an event, or a through a response to one of our surveys or marketing emails. We use this information to provide you with additional details about our services, conduct research, provide information or to contact you after your visit.
We also collect personal data from third party sources, such as public databases and joint marketing partners. For example, if a Visitor visits our website, certain personal data from the marketing partner will be shared with us, which may include personal data that is part of the Visitor’s profile such as employer and employer industry.
RainFocus’ Use of Visitors’ Personal Data Collected
RainFocus uses Visitor personal data to:
- Analyze how our website is accessed;
- Personalize your browsing experience and present products or features that may be more applicable to you;
- Identify website technical problems;
- Discover, investigate and remediate fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Transmit notices related to product, service, or policy changes;
- Respond to your product and service inquiries;
- Send you information such as product announcements, newsletters, whitepapers, other relevant offers, and upcoming promotions or events (where required, dependent on jurisdiction, we will seek and obtain your explicit consent before sending marketing emails);
- Plan and host RainFocus corporate events, host online forums and social networks in which Visitors may participate;
- Analyze and identify new prospects; and
- Create tailored advertising, sales and promotional programs.
If you wish to remove yourself from marketing communications from RainFocus, please either click on the “Unsubscribe” link on all RainFocus email communications, or contact us here
RainFocus does not share, sell or trade any information with third parties for any promotional purposes.
Storing of Visitor Personal Data
How Can a Visitor Access, Correct, or Delete Their Personal Data?
In various countries, including countries in the United Kingdom, the EEA, and Switzerland as well as in some U.S. states, upon their request, Visitors have the right to access their personal data and, if necessary, have it amended, deleted or restricted. Visitors can also ask for some types of personal data to be delivered to them, or another organization they nominate, in a structured and machine-readable format.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. See the RainFocus contact section below. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Visitors in the United Kingdom, the EEA, or Switzerland also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection in the country where they live, or where they work – although we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you have about our use of your personal data. Our EU Representative may be contacted at https://www.datarep.com/data-request/
Visitors can access, correct, or request that personal data be deleted by contacting us at email@example.com. RainFocus will process the request within the required time under the applicable regulation or law.
We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In such instances, we will inform the Visitor about the legal obligations that prevent us from fulfilling the request.
We will maintain an audit history of any requests to access, correct or delete personal information to maintain a record of compliance with regulatory requirements.
Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information, including the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months; the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions; and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. To make such a request, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-544-4445 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mountain Time).
Please note that we are only required to respond to two such requests per individual each year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against with respect to the provision of services if you exercise any of your rights under California privacy law.
We may have collected the following categories of personal information of California residents in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers such as a name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or considered.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio and visual information, such as customer service call recordings and photographs.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
- Contents of SMS/text messages and chats.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above.
Additional Information For Visitors, Customers, and Event Attendees
Legal Basis for RainFocus to Process Personal Data
Does RainFocus Process Information of Children Under the Age of 16?
Our RainFocus Platform is not directed to children under 16 years of age. We do not directly solicit or knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from children under the age of 16, we will delete as soon as practicable.
Where does RainFocus transfer the personal data it processes?
To facilitate our business practices and delivery of our services, personal data may be collected, accessed from, transferred to or stored in the United States or in other countries where we operate, including countries outside the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. Personal data may be accessed by RainFocus personnel providing services in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers (processors or subprocessors).
How does RainFocus secure the data it processes?
We use a variety of organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the section below.
How Do You Contact Rainfocus?
1633 West Innovation Way, Suite 100
Lehi, UT 84043
ATTN: RainFocus Privacy
877-544-4445 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mountain Time)